Monday, 29 August 2016

Benefit Minis | Hit Or Miss?





Benefit cosmetics is one of my favourite make-up brands, ever! I also am LOVIN' their gorgeous new packaging for the brow products. Recently Glamour and Elle magazines came with mini samples from Benefit and I made sure to get my paws on all of them.
I just love mini Benefit samples, they're cute, easy to travel with and you get to try it out before committing to buying a full-sized product. I wanted to share with you my verdict on all three samples so read on to see if I would buy the full size for myself...

Gimme Brow Volumizing Eyebrow Gel
This is an old favourite of mine and what could be better than a mini version of the product you love?! I love using this on my brows on days when I don't have time to fill em in with a brush and pigment, which I find to be very satisfying. I can achieve fuller looking brows in moments with this product and I know that they will stay in place and look neat all day. Without a doubt, I would repurchase another full sized product
Verdict: Hit

Dew The Hoola Liquid Bronzer
I have never tried a bronzer from Benefit before so this one was a lovely lil sample to try. There was quite an amount that came in the cute lil pump so I could really test it out over a few days/weeks. As much as I liked the formulation, scent and longevity. I would give this a miss, simply because I don't wear bronzer and I was using it to contour my cheeks instead which actually looked quite good. I think I would prefer a liquid highlighter since I wear that daily.
Verdict: Miss

Goofproof Eyebrow Pencil
Another cute new release from Benefit, the Goof Proof eyebrow pencil (cleverly named) I loved this small version, the packaging is so on point and it was quite a decent size too. I have used a fair amount of eyebrow products and I remember using pencils too. This was truly easy to use. I could achieve neater and fuller looking brows within seconds and the colour matched well. I think this is a great release from Benefit, if you are looking for a product that can easily help you achieve defined brows then look no further. Personally though I would give this a miss simply because I prefer other ways of filling in my brows.
Verdict: Miss

Did you manage to pick up all of the Benefit freebies? and what are your thoughts on mini product samples?

18 comments:

  1. I love mini samples, so much easier that splurging on full size only for it to end up at the back of a drawer! great post X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! it's great because I know what to buy without wasting any money, Man I love samples! ^^ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must try these out!! Great pictures!!

    Visit me back :)
    mandyshareslife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks lovely! <3 I definitely do recommend checking it all out <3 xx

      Delete
  4. Gutted I missed out on the minis! I agree, it's the worst thing when you splash out on a pricey product to fall out of love with it a few days later!

    Claudia xx
    www.claudiawright.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually find out by following a whole lot of bloggers on Insta <3 but yes that is true because it's not exactly a cheap brand so it's worth trying out the products first xx

      Delete
  5. I love Benefit mini's too - such a fab way to try out the products before buying full size! I'm a big fan of their Gimme brow as well, such a good product! Great post x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and their sample sizes are so decently sized so you can really test out the product before deciding <3 xx

      Delete
  6. I really want to try out Gimme Brow, as sometimes I can be really lazy when it comes to doing my eyebrows. So a little sampler of Gimme Brow would be fab as I know I would just get so much use out of it (that is, if I love it). I love Hoola the compact powder and I do have a sample of the liquid version but I struggle when it comes to using it, I just haven't figured out how to do so yet.

    Tabitha x
    http://whattabithaloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the beauty of trying it out, atleast nothing is being or going to waste ^^ Bronzer is a hard one for me, I usually just contour haha since I don't really want to add warmth to my face xx

      Delete
  7. I recently discovered Gimme Brow and I love it, I wish I had bought it sooner, I doubt I'd use the liquid bronzer either to be honest xx

    Zoe ♥ MammafulZo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's like a holy grail for me now <3 so quick to use! Yeah, that product was a total miss for me xx

      Delete
  8. I am totally loving the new Benefit Brow collection. So many gems in there! x

    Shang J. | The Feminine Crusade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I still need to pop down to a counter for a consultation, love their girly counter too! xx

      Delete
  9. Got your link off twitter! These samples look amazing, but I've never really tried anything from benefit! :)

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally grab a mag if it has a benefit sample that way you get to try it out <3 xx

      Delete
  10. I love Benefit! From the packaging to the quality, they're just a great brand. My favourite product is Watts Up highlighter, and I love Gimme Brow, it really does last all day and fixes up your brows in seconds! Everyone is like raving about Dew The Hoola so I do wanna try it but I'm not sure if I fancy a liquid bronzer, I am so in love with powdered ones so I might have to grab a mini.
    Great, honest review! Love your blog it's so cute, and my style!

    Y x | www.thesweetsevenfive.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the packaging totally gets me everytime <3 I love highlighters but I have never tried that before! I didn't get on with that product as much since I would prefer a powder one if I was into bronzers. Thank you so so much for such a lovely comment too! <3

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara