Thursday, 28 November 2013

Danger! Cosmetics To Go Book Launch | Event @ Lush Birmingham

This is one picture heavy post so grab a cuppa & sit comfortably, If you LOVE piccys of Lush products then stay where you are and scroll down ^^

Last week I was lucky enough to be invited to an exclusive event @ Lush Birmingham - the launch of the Cosmetics to go book written by Mira Manga.

Cosmetics to go was the company before Lush, The book has amazing vintage imagery, mini personal stories of the workers and alot of information about the products that actually are very similar to the products that we love today. The ethics and ideas behind the products were the same except the actual company because they only ran small mail orders.
Sounds amazing right? I will be reviewing the book in detail very soon!

Mira has put alot of effort into this book, it is like being on a reminiscent journey that is full of colour, images and interesting information. A must read for Lush fans and it's perfect as a coffee table book too. ^^





I was given an amazing tour of ALL of the products by Katarina. I even got to try some of the products and I even saw a demo of the luxury lush pud bath bomb ^^
Katarina really knew her stuff, THE person to see if do not know much about Lush.
I usually go straight to the bath bombs but it was so nice to learn about many of the other products. I absolutely love the christmas collection, too much cuteness to handle (am talking about you melting snowman & christmas penguin!!!)
We also saw the comeback of 'let the good times roll' which is great because I am sure that it is loved by many.
I really enjoyed the walk through of the christmas collection, I was shown ALL of the products up close and personal which was so fun!



I even got my emotional brilliance read, You spin the wheel and then pick three colours that stand out to you the most, trying not to take too long I picked these three colours and this was my colour reading, pretty neat! :)



I definitely prefer rose jam over snow fairy.



I am SO going to buy the Popcorn lip scrub, smelt it and fell in LOVE with the scent!



Can you see the cute lil hearts inside the Santa's lip scrub?




Hands down! The most magnificent looking soap I have ever seen.





This smelt so scrummy! 


Luxury lush pud bath bomb demo <3


My favourite part of the tour... Bath bombs! 












What a successful event! The staff were so friendly! I really enjoyed seeing the mini sights and smelling the scents @ Lush, Many thanks to Olivia, Mira, Katarina & the staff at lush for having me and making it a wonderful evening for me and the other fellow bloggers.
I was given a generous (and a very heavy) goody bag that included many treats and a copy of the Cosmetics to go book which the lovely Mira signed for me!
I will be reviewing every product that I received so keep your eyes peeled for that! 

You can buy Danger! Cosmetics to go here - link for £19.95, available now online and at selected Lush stores across the UK :)

Note: Whilst writing this event up I may have sidetracked by making a wishlist... Oops! ^^

6 comments:

  1. Snow Fairy Massage bar will be mine this weekend x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @beautyqueenuk ah! ^^ hehe good choice! it's so bright and glitzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love lush< thanks for this insight

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mevish <3 awesome! glad you liked the write up! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a wonderful evening and such a treat to meet so many lovelies! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Mira Manga :) Though i couldn't make it to the official one thank you so much for signing my book, lush events are awesome, good luck for the rest of your book tour, may it be successful :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara